Faculty of Painting Sculpture and Graphic Arts
Located at the Wang Tha Phra in Bangkok, the Faculty of Painting Sculpture and Graphic Arts was Silpakorn’s inaugural faculty when the University was formally established in 1943. At that time, it offered only two programs of study: painting and sculpture. Since then, its curriculum has been broadened to cover several other areas of specialization that are designed to enrich student’s knowledge of visual arts and artistic creativity, for example, painting, sculpture, graphic arts, Thai art, art theory, and mixed medias in bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs.
The Faculty recognizes significant importance of research and public oriented activities with a view to strengthen the relationship between the University and society. At the same time, its faculty members have been actively involved in international exchanges and cooperation. Activities such as artist-in-residencies and exchanges of art exhibitions are assuming increasing saliency. The faculty’s research interests are also expanding from the more conventional areas such as painting and sculpture to the more pioneering work in Thai art and art theory, including the faculty members have been invited and functionned as judging members and jury committee in many national and international art competitions for both public and private organizations as well as providing art educational services for the public community.
Color Code: Yellow